The Lakehills Estates development was created in the late 1950s/early 1960s. It consists of four separate units that are designated as Unit 1 thru Unit 4. Unit 1 was established as the Lake Hills Corporation, a California Corporation. The Unit 1 “Declaration of Tract Restrictions”, currently referred to as Covenants, Codes and Restrictions (CC&Rs) was created on March 21, 1956. The Unit 4 CC&Rs were recorded by Wright and Kimbrough, a Corporation, on March 14, 1961. Unit 4 was originally planned to include a marina and boat storage area on Folsom Lake but was subsequently re-parceled to single family residences only. The Lakehills Estates Civic Association was formed to provide a social venue for the residents and to provide the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) functions consistent with the CC&Rs. The developers ACC control was gradually transitioned to the Civic Association. Consequently, Lakehills Estates did not form a Home Owners Association (HOA), which is common for other adjacent developments.
A volunteer group of neighbors formed the Lakehills Fire Safe Council in July, 2012; we operate as an Associate Council of the El Dorado County Fire Safe Council. Lakehills Estates became Firewise in 2013 and was followed by Southpointe HOA and Lakeridge Oaks HOA in 2014.