Creating Fire Safe Forests in El Dorado County:
Educational Workshops for Residents and Landowners
May 4, 2012 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Diamond Springs Fire Station
501 Main Street
A morning session of presentations followed by a field trip to
observe fuels treatments
- Familiarize residents and landowners with ongoing efforts to reduce fire hazard
in their neighborhoods.
- Inform people about the short-term and long-term potential impacts of fuels treatments.
- Describe steps that are taken to evaluate and minimize impacts of fuels treatments.
Topics and Agenda
- The Community Wildfire Protection Plan
- Past, Present and Future Projects
- Fuels Treatment Options and Methods
- Environmental Impacts of Treatments
- Mitigation Measures and Implementation
- Maintenance and Follow-up Treatments
- Questions and Discussion with Presenters
El Dorado County Resource Conservation
District, Northern California Society of
California Department of Fish and Game
Funding from US Forest Service State
and Private Forestry and State
8:30 Open for Registration
9:00-9:10 Introduction to Workshop: Mark Egbert, El Dorado County RCD
9:10-9:40 Community Wildfire Protection Plan and Logtown Projects: Ken Hasse, Logtown Firesafe Council
9:40-9:50 CALFIRE Community Assistance Grants, Robert Little, CALFIRE
9:50-10:20 Fuels Treatment Methods and Maintenance Practices: Matt McNicol, NRCS
10:20-10:35 Impacts of Fuels Treatments: Richard Harris, Northern California Society of American Foresters
10:35-11:00 Fuels Treatments and Wildlife: Lorna Dobrovolny, CDFG
11:00-11:20 2012 Proposed Logtown Project: Mark Egbert and Ken Hasse
11:20-11:30 Contract Requirements and Mitigation Measures: Mark Egbert
11:30-11:45 Travel to Field Site (car pool) Donít forget walking clothes and your lunch!
12:00-12:30 Lunch Sit-Down and Project Description: Mark Egbert and Ken Hasse
12:30-1:45 Field Discussion
1:45-2:00 Return to Diamond Springs Fire Station
Registration Form Fire Safe Forests Workshop
There is no registration fee. The registration deadline is April 30, 2012.
Please register by phone or e-mail.
Contact Mark Egbert at 530-295-5630 or Mark.Egbert@ca.usda.gov.
Dress for walking in the field and bring your lunch.