El Dorado County Fire Safe Council
Board of Directors Meeting
USFS Headquarters, 100 Forni Road, Placerville
April 25, 2012
- Meeting Call to Order
Richard Krek, EDCFSC Chairperson, called the meeting to order at 10:02 a.m.
- Roll Call
Board Members Present: Richard Krek, Chairperson, Bill Smith, Vice Chairperson, Ken Hasse, Treasurer, Pat Dwyer , Secretary,
Chrystie Mort-Davis, Parliamentarian, Cari DeWolf, Executive Coordinator (EC), Ray Griffiths, Jim Stewart, Michael Powell, Mary Cornelison.
Satellite Council Members and Guests present: Suz Walker NSFSC, Lloyd Heller SFWSFC, Linda McDonald EDCFSC Support, Gary Miller, CECSD,
Jill Knuder, Happy Valley, Sandi Bush, GFSFC, Vicki Yorty, PPSFC,Rich Englefield.
- Approval of Agenda: The agenda was amended to add items a(i) Disaster Drill and a(ii) Noah's Wish in the Correspondence
section. Bill Smith moved that the agenda be approved as amended, Jim Stewart seconded. The motion passed.
- Consent Agenda: Minutes of the March 28th, 2012 Meeting. Jim Stewart moved that the minutes be approved as
submitted, Ray Griffiths seconded. The motion passed.
- Public Comment: April 30th is the tenth anniversary of the El Dorado County Fire Safe Council. There is a cake and coffee celebration immediately
following the meeting.
- Information Items:
- Correspondence and Communications:
- A disaster preparedness drill will be held June 9th at the Lake Hills Elementary school. The EDCFSC is invited to
participate. There is a town hall meeting in El Dorado Hills on May 16th. There may be a potential to form an El Dorado Hills
Satellite Fire Safe Council.
- Noah's Wish will present a Community animal preparedness and safety seminar on May 6th at the Pleasant Valley Grange.
- Treasurer's Report: Ken Hasse reported that our bank balance was $234,919. There was a refund of $587 from Alliant
Insurance. The profit and loss statement reflected a negative $278,525. He reported Title III funds balances of $17,000 for 2009 and about
$47,000 for 2010. These funds are committed. Total title III funds remaining are $64,000.
- Green Waste Vouchers: Ken informed the group that the Green waste Voucher program was making
progress. The MOU is under review. Estimated launch date is 15 May.
- Burn Permits: Richard Krek said the on line burn permit program was in beta testing. The target
implementation date is May 1.
- Committee Reports
- Finance: Nothing to report.
- Outreach: Nothing to report.
- The Statement of Information was submitted to the California Secretary of State. We are waiting for a response.
- The satellite bank accounts are a sub set of the EDCFSC. For reporting requirements the treasurer needs beginning
and ending balances and a profit and loss statement from each satellite that has a bank account.
- Committee is working on a non-discrimination policy.
- By-laws review is in progress. Target completion is 30 June.
- Nominating Committee: Nominations close on 23 May at 10:00. Interested parties should submit a written application and
short bio. Nominations will be accepted from the floor on 23 May provided that the nominee has agreed to serve.
- Projects Committee: Targeting first workshop in mid June or July. Potential locations are Auburn Lake Trails and Pioneer.
- CWPP: Richard Krek reported that the Cal Fire had signed the HW 50 CWPP with some minor changes. DSED Fire Protection
District was reviewing the HW 49 CWPP. Bari is working with Volcanoville to clarify issues concerning egress, warning system and suppression.
- Executive Coordinator Report: Cari DeWolf reported that there is a grant request for $206,000 to the AQMD for dumpsters and
chipping in remote/forest areas. Award is anticipated on May 22nd. She is making a "master list" of projects for a historical activity report. She is also
requesting satellites to submit "wish lists" of proposed projects to see if they can be bundled to make them more marketable. She referred members to her written
report for more details.
- Director's Reports
- Volcanoville: Saturday 28 April, dedication to Jim Clark at the fire station. There will be a CWPP presentation.
- Logtown: Spring clean up successful.
- Chrome Ridge: Need 50 defensible space inspections starting May 15th.
- Georgetown: Prescribed burn training postponed until fall due to weather
- Cameron Park: Successful clean up day. 20 dumpsters, 2 Hospice truckloads chipping and e-waste.
- Pollock Pines : clean up day this weekend.
- Grizzly flat: OES presentation and table top drill, Annual Bar-B-Q on 28 July, 2 projects are being proposed
for 2013 grants
- Action Items:
- Approval of RCD agreement for Logtown East Side Fuel Break: Ken Hasse moved to approve the agreement
Chrystie Mort-Davis seconded. Motion passed.
- Good of the Order: The meeting was adjourned at 11:12. The next meeting is scheduled for May 23rd, 2012 at 10:00am.
Pat Dwyer, Secretary
Richard Krek, Chairperson