"The mission of the El Dorado County Fire Safe Council is to protect the
people of El Dorado County and their property from the effects of catastrophic
wildfire through education, cooperation, innovation, and action."
August 24, 2005
1:00 p.m. - 3::00 p.m.
LOCATION: GOLD HILL FIRE STATION, 6051 GOLD HILL ROAD
- Introduction: Self introductions by attendees, distribute
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the June 22, 2005 minutes
- Treasurer's report/internet report
- Board of Directors meeting report
- Executive Coordinator report
- Diane Deally-Neill will give a short presentation on the
upcoming annual California Forestry Challenge.
- Scott Stephens, UC Berkley, will present information from
an experiment from mixed conifer forests in the north-central Sierra Nevada that
investigated fuel treatments as a means to limit the size and intensity of wildfires.
He will present information from one of the last relatively intact Jeffrey pine-mixed
conifer forests from Northern Baja California Mexico to assist in developing desired
future conditions in US forests.
- CDF, USFS and other agency reports
- Standing Committee and project reports
- Sly Park Corridor Community Action Plan
- Update on Design and Improvements Manual, Volume 3
- Grizzly Flats CWPP
- Open Council Forum/Roundtable discussion
- Adjourn/next meeting will be September 28, 2005 at the Gold
Hill Fire Station at 1 pm.