July 26, 2006
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION: GOLD HILL FIRE STATION, 6051 GOLD HILL ROAD
- Introduction: Self introductions by attendees, distribute/update Sign-in sheet
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the June 21, 2006 FSC meeting, if available
- Treasurer's report/internet report
- Board of Directors meeting report
- CDF, BLM, USFS and other agency reports
- Satellite Fire Safe Councils reports
- Update on FSC projects and programs-Vicki Yorty
- Ray Griffiths, FSC Vice-Chair, will give a presentation on
"Fire in Sierra Nevada Forests: A Photographic Interpretation of Ecological Change
Since 1849", by George E. Gruell. Gruell, a Forest Service biologist, analyzed
changes to vegetation in the Sierra. We will look at some of the photographs taken
100 years apart from the central Sierra that should be familiar to many in this area.
- Council Forum/Roundtable discussion
- Adjourn/next meeting will be our yearly Strategic Planning
Workshop on August 23, 2006 from 10 am to 2 pm at the Gold Hill Fire Station.
Refreshments will be served. Please mark your calendar today and plan on attending
this very important meeting and being a part of the Council's strategic planning
process for the next year.